Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday- A Tired Girl!

WOW I'm exhausted! I'm not exactly sure why, but I've been sleepy all day and super hungry. I don't feel achy or sore from running this weekend, but definitely not feeling 110%. I consumed lots of good calories today (Kashi cereal with O.J. and coffee for breakfast, PB&J sandwich with carrots, peppers, and an apple for lunch, blue corn chips with organic salsa and a banana for a snack, and a big salad with mixed greens, brown rice and beans, and brocolli and carrots for dinner) so hopefully I'll be good to go for speed training tomorrow. If my energy level is still low, I may switch my easy run scheduled for Wednesday with my speed workout scheduled for tomorrow.

Shockingly, my workout today was actually great! After my snack, I hopped on the elliptical for a strong 40 minutes, and then got in about 30 minutes of pilates after. I ate dinner, and decided to go on a 40 minute walk outside because it was SOOOOO beautiful outside. I <3 CLE Heights so much!

Oh, and great news! Thanks to my buddy and coworker, Jen, I'll be running the Columbus Marathon in October as my final 20 miler prior to the NYC Marathon! Jen qualified for Boston last year, and had a baby this past spring and wasn't able to run. She is one of the most focused and driven people I know, and will be giving her all to qualify again this fall. I'm SO excited to be able to run with her both in Columbus and NYC as she makes her dreams come true!!! She is amazing.

OH, and more great news! I was looking over the race results from the 10K yesterday, and apparently a boy I went on a BAD date with a few weeks ago ran also. And, OBVI, I kicked his butt! Sucks losing to a girl...;-)

Time for bed!! Need a good night's sleep to get back to 110%!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great first 10k and winning it. You smoked it girl! Ah yes getting chicked! That boy deserved to eat your dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHHAAA! Thanks so much, Aileen! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out :o) Made me feel super special! BTW I chose my training program. It is going to be a modifies version of the one I did for Cleveland. Keeping my fingers crossed :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH good! You know it works for you so that sounds like it's your best bet!! Woo hoo!! :-)

    ReplyDelete