Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 1: Monday- 1st day switcharoo!

AND LET IT BEGIN!!

My plan for today was to get the ball rolling with some good hill work. Unfortunately, my body was not feeling the plan at all. I woke up with SUPER sore thighs and calves, and just didn't have the "spunk" I usually have before speed work. Although I loved winning $50 at the Chardon 5K Saturday, I've definitely gone a little over-board with all of the racing. I've run 4 5K's and a 10K over the past six weeks. It's been fun, but I think I over-did it with this last hilly 5K. There is something definitely addicting about racing...I just love it :-D But, I will DEF. NOT be racing at all this weekend. I need a break!

Anywho, I decided to switch up my plans for this week a bit to give my legs an extra day of recuperation. I did the 3 mile easy run scheduled for tomorrow, and will be doing my hill work tomorrow. I often switch up my schedule when my body calls for it, but I just about never skip a workout. However, if you need to, the world will NOT end if you do. Just don't make it a habit...and try not to take off more than 2 days in a row.

My first mile was a little slow (up Fairmount hill) but I picked it up after and ran an easy, smooth 3 miles! When I got home, I did about an hour of Pilates and stretched for quite a while. I went to the pool after, and did some stretching in the water ( p. 52 in this month's Runner's World has some great pool stretches!). Then, did some UNHEALTHY cookout consumption (I haven't had a burger in a while, and here and there it's good to get in the extra iron). Diet starts tomorrow. :-)

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!! Go on a run tonight...because you are FREE to do so!!!!!!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment