Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 4: Tuesday/Wednesday- TRIBE TIME!

I commonly discuss the perks of running that deliver on a  physical, mental, and even spiritual level. Guess what? There are other perks, TOO!! I finished first at A Most Excellent Race10K a few weeks ago and scored some SICK Tribe Tickets!! I almost forgot about them, but found them Monday afternoon. WOO HOO!
A Most Excellent Race 10K 1st place, WOOP!



The game was a blast! I brought my sis with me, we had AMAZING seats, the weather was perfect, and we got on the JumboTron (hahaaaa we were pretty excited about that)! With the stomach bug that I think I've FINALLY kicked, I wasn't planning on drinking any adult beverages. Our tickets were "loaded," which meant they needed to be used appropriately....*eHhHm* Three large adult beverages later, I realized I was havin' a GOOD time and went against my plan. OOPS! HEHE :-) I'm so grateful to have won the tickets, and that I got to share them with my amazing sister who appreciated the quality more than anyone else I know could have!!! I love her so much!
Tribe Tickets, WOOP!


Wud UP, Sandy Alomar!!

Prior to the Tribe Game Tuesday night, I ran an easy 3 miles in 23:08, 7:43min/mi and got in some good Pilates. I'm enjoying these days of low mileage, as I know they will be soon gone!! I'm definitely looking forward to stepping it up though!

Speaking of stepping it up, my tempo is now up to 35:00 minutes. Unfortunately for me, I cannot enjoy a few adult beverages without feeling the side effects the next day. I don't know why but it always takes so much out of me. I'm going to try (VERY hard) to keep my adult beverage consumption to a minimum until the NYC Marathon. However, despite feeling dehydrated and scattered, I rocked my tempo tonight! The weather was awesome, which I'm so grateful for after last week's heat wave! I did a 10 minute warm up around an 8:00min/mi pace, and then picked it up to 10K pace for 20 minutes (eased in around 7:20, picked it up to 7:00, and then ran the majority around 6:50). I decelerated at an easy pace for the last 5 minutes. The last 5 minutes were the hardest because I had some odd stomach cramping. It wasn't a side stitch, but an entire stomach stitch. LOL. I blame the good times last night, in addition to my recovery from the stomach bug I  had. But, it was worth it!

I'm planning on an early night to bed tonight for an AM 6 mile pace run tomorrow, taking into consideration the weather conditions are forecasted to not be particularly ideal (around 90 degrees). But, the good news is it's still much better than what I ran in last Thursday. I'm hoping for a 7:30min/mi average, and to finish under 45 minutes again.

This weekend, I'm planning on resting Friday, running the Wigs For Kids 5K at the CLE Zoo Saturday, and a 13 mile long run on the Tow Path Sunday. This is a small modification from my initial plans at the beginning of the week. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend of running!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment