Saturday, May 13, 2017

She is Beautiful



This is one of my favorite pictures of my beautiful Mom with her beautiful baby brother, my Uncle Michael, of whom she cared for and loved as if he were her son. During her high school years, my Mom took on the role as full-time Mommy to help my beautiful Grandmother Scully while she was hospitalized for breast cancer treatment. She was only a teenager, but assumed the role with no hesitation and complete self-sacrifice and humility; she never told anyone of her difficult circumstances and immense responsibilities, not even her teachers. It wasn't until my Uncle Michael's kindergartner teacher read a note written by his sweet, thoughtful big sister concerning his many special needs that her secret was revealed. She was, and is, one of the most loving, warm, unapologetically genuine, and caring people most will ever meet; she is deeply loved and "Mom" to so many, more than just the six children of whom are so blessed to call her their Mommy. I don't know how I got so blessed, but I do know with certainty that all of who I am and all I ever will be is because of her. For her unconditional love, beautiful heart, deep wisdom, and example of giving of oneself through Motherhood to all, I am eternally grateful.  I love you so much, Mom. I wish you knew how very beautiful you are. 🙂

"She was beautiful, but not like those girls in magazines. She was beautiful for the way she thought. She was beautiful for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile even when she was sad. No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul. She is beautiful."- F. Scott Fitzgerald 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment